Friday, May 31, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Imagine

I am a little late with this today. (Craziness of my life took over) But as I lay here tonight I feel the urge to write so let's see if we can get it in before Friday is officially over.

This weeks prompt word is: Imagine

GO:

The first thing that pops into my head is not what I can imagine but what I can't. 

I can't even begin to imagine how the people of Oklahoma feel right now. I can't imagine the fear or the sadness that must be overwhelming them as these tornados rip through their homes or the homes of loved ones. 

I can't imagine how if feels to be told that your mother or father, daughter or grandmother didn't make it through the storm. Or that young precious school children won't be going home to their parents because the tornado tore their school apart and they didn't make it. 

The hurt. The loss. The fear. The pure devastation that these people are facing is far beyond anything I can imagine. 

While I pray fiercely for those that are affected, not just in Oklahoma but all over, by these terrible storms, I also send up my thanks! I thank God for keeping my Okie family safe and for keeping his hands upon us here in our little part of Texas! For those that have lost their lives, God be with them! And for those who lost someone, may peace be with you. 

Finally, for those who are reading this please join me in praying for our fellow Americans who are facing or have faced the unimaginable. 

STOP.


Linking up with Lisa-Jo and the wonderful ladies for Five Minute Friday. Come join us! 




No comments :

Post a Comment