Monday, September 10, 2012

Late Night Thoughts

Today was a good day! I say that with emphasis because sometimes I feel like the good days get lost in the shuffle and bustle of the crazy days. But really, today was a good day!!

I don't know if it was a spill-over from yesterday's festivities or if it was just a day where you have to look at life and just laugh. Throw the worries and the frustrations out the window and say, "today I CHOOSE to have a good day!" Either way, I'll take it!

Speaking of yesterday, man was it fun! We had my sister in law over with her husband and my adorable little niece Brianna. Who, by the way, looked stinking adorable...even if she was dressed in a Cowboys cheer outfit. Auntie is gonna hook her up though. I'll get her some Cardinals gear and she will be even more adorable, if that's even possible! It's so cute because she really doesn't know us super good yet but yesterday she let Uncle Bub hold her and blew him kisses. We won't mention that he had to bribe her with candy earlier in the day to even get her attention. Progress is still progress, none the less. I am determined to become her favorite though. It WILL happen! :-)

Anyways, back to our day! It was full of food, family, and football! What more could you ask for! My team won (of course lol) and I beat my husband in fantasy football! Talk about having your cake and eating it too! The guys took the kids to the park for some semi-competitive football games. It was fun to hear the stories of who beat who and who rules the kingdom of all things awesome because of some tricky football move. It made me smile!

Today was nothing really special but it just felt better. I felt like I had less stress hanging out on my shoulders and let me tell you, that is an amazing feeling.

Sometimes I feel like life is swallowing me up! I feel stressed out and frustrated and angry and just sad! I question our decisions on a daily basis wondering if we are doing what we are supposed to be doing. What God wants us to do. I become doubtful that we will ever crawl out of this hole that we have dug ourselves into and that makes me bitter. But when I feel like I can't take anymore, not one more second, God gives me a day like yesterday. A day of hope. A day where you can't help but focus on the positive. It's like He is saying, "I know things are not what YOU want right now Amber but I have a purpose for this time. I know what I am doing so stop looking at all the bad parts and praise me for what is good!"

So this is me praising Him for what He is doing in our lives! I don't know what it is! It totally stinks sometimes but I am CHOOSING to hold on to what is good. I am thankful for this time of tribulation because I know that I will learn something valuable from it! Everything WILL be ok and I will be stronger for having to go through this!

Thank you God for my family and my amazing friends. Thank you for all the blessings you are pouring over our family. Thank you for our health and happiness. Thank you for the love that we have. Thank you for showing me direction. Thank you for the lessons you are teaching me and thank you for never leaving my side during them. I praise, honor, and love you Lord! In your holy name, amen!

P.S. -Thanks for letting the Cardinals win yesterday! Those Cowboys fans would have NEVER let me live that one down!! ;-)

No comments :

Post a Comment